Tuesday, July 10, 2007

All Settled

We're unpacked! I'm so glad to be settled into somewhere, even if it isn't a permanent place.

Moving went really well. We took two days to travel to Florence and then began our search for a place to live. We stayed with a family from our congregation for about a week while we were searching and we stored our stuff in another parishioner's barn. We signed a 6 month lease on a condo just before we left.

After a week here we flew up to Chicago for Matthew's ordination in Brookfield, IL. It was beautiful! So many of our friends and family came, even people that Matthew hasn't seen since he graduated high school. My only regret is that my whole entire family was there, we haven't been all together in awhile, and we didn't get anypictures of us all.

The next day we traveled with my family to visit relative in Nebraska and Iowa. We also visited our vicarage congregation, our midwife, and our chiropractor. We had such a great time. Some of my cousins, aunts, and uncles I hadn't seen in years.

Sunday, the 24th, we had Matthew's installation as Pastor. I was really pleased that so many of the pastors from the circuit came. Even some from North Carolina came. There were at least two that we already knew from seminary, and we met several others that I think will become good friends.

We moved into our 2nd floor condo on the 25th. It's really nice and actually quite big. We were really blessed to find it when we did. The lady who owns it was about to turn it over to realtors, which would have made the price go up. So, now we are all settled in. We had a house blessing this past Sunday and had several people from the church over for it. Everyone has been so nice to us. We've already had numerous dinner invitations and we go out to lunch with half the congregation after church. We are just so blessed to be here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was so nice to see you and your family again! I've missed you all so much, and I know that the rest of my family has too. I'm glad that you're all settled in and unpacked. Hopefully we'll be able to visit you sometime before the end of the year. :-) God's blessings! Love you all! *hugs*