Friday, October 06, 2006

Back to School

Wow how time flies! I can hardly believe that my last entry was Lena's birth story. That whole terrible ordeal seems so far behind me. I feel like it never happened!

So, we are back in Indiana for Matthew's last year of seminary. I have such mixed feelings about it. I love being here with friends, but it's so hard to know that we will be leaving again in the spring.

I had a "homebirth party" this morning. I invited several of the student wives over just to chat. We had a really good time talking about vaccinations, discipline, midwives, and everything in between. I'm planning another for the 20th and I'm hoping that we can get together twice a month. Maybe I'll try to plan something that our husbands can come to, something in the evening when they are not in class. I know Matthew likes to talk about birth as much as I do. Actually probably even more so!

2 comments:

MamaOnABudget said...

If you're looking for new women to invite, I've become friends through LiveJournal with a woman at the sem there in FW. Here name is Holly S (if you don't know who I'm talking about, I can email you her last name). She's a HUGE natural birth advocate and she's hoping for a homebirth for her next kiddo.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Cara! It's so nice to see you posting again. Mama and I can't wait to come visit you all in a couple of weeks!