Sunday, February 12, 2006

Growing

I feel so fat and pregnant now. I'm about 5 1/2 months along and am already feeling the strain of having extra body mass. I haven't gained any weight since the begining, in fact up until my last appointment I had lost 6lbs. I guess that would be bad for some, but for me it's fine. Besides, I gained it all back in 3 weeks! My goal was to gain no more than 15 pounds and since I'm over halfway, I think that I'm doing alright. (Side note: I don't like it when doctors or midwives tell a woman that she can only gain so much during her pregnancy. The reason that I have a set goal is because I know that I have a tendancy to overeat -and eat bad things- especially when I have an excuse. I also believe, for myself, that if I gain a whole lot of weight it will make labor harder for me. I'm out of shape as it is, and I don't need more fat to make it worse.)

The baby is moving so much now. Every evening at about 8:00 he/she starts to kick and wiggle. Matthew has gotten to feel it once. The only reason he hasn't felt it more is just becuase he's gone or busy at the time. I'm sure he'll get to feel it more and more as time goes on.

Eli calls! I must go.

No comments: