Wednesday, November 02, 2005

October

I'm feeling better lately. Just the past few days I haven't felt so sick. It was really never that bad, but it sure didn't feel good. Some days are better than others. I especially feel good when I go for a walk. Just moving about in the cool air is so refreshing. Plus, Eli loves to be outside, he's always so good.

So, I'm 9 weeks pregnant now, and I'm really excited about having another baby. It never ceases to shock me when I see pictures of a baby at this stage and read about how much they have already grown! Although, I do feel like I've been pregnant forever. Those of you that have children know that this is very very bad. I'm not suppose to feel like this at only 9 weeks! Maybe my body is making up for last time. With Eli things just seemed to go so fast, but perhaps that's all in retrospect.

Matthew and I met with a midwife in Des Moines last Wednesday. We really like her a lot and will be scheduling a first appointment soon. However, I'm so sad that we can't have the midwife we had with Eli (she's in IN). We were planning to, but we were also planning to wait until we were back in Indiana to get pregnant. God really likes to throw our useless plans out the window, doesn't he?

Eli was a bat for his first Halloween. We only went to a few people's houses. Just people from the church. Since our house isn't on the street we didn't get many trick or treaters, only some kids from church. It was kind of a bummer, but now we have lots and lots of chocolate!

We had two good friends visit us last month. Jenny came to visit for a whole long weekend. It was so good to have her here. We hadn't seen each other since February, and I'm terrible at keeping in contact with people, even my closest friends. Last weekend Dustin visited. Just for Friday night to have drinks with Matthew. (I ate ice cream since I can't have alcohol.) I miss all my friends a lot. Those in Indiana and those from college. Everyone is so scattered around the country now. I guess there are still a lot in the midwest, but still, it's not like we're free to travel much. Plus, traveling isn't free!

2 comments:

karen said...

I will swear to the day I die that you didn't tell me you were pregnant again. BAD friend. No biscuit.

And that 'congratulations' thing...

MamaOnABudget said...

I didn't know Eli was born at home - you're awesome! Did you have a midwife or were you unassisted?

I wanted a (midwife assisted) homebirth, but assisted hb is illegal in South Dakota. We contacted a midwife in IA (Sioux City) who was willing to come here, but Geof wasn't comfortable with bending the rules. So I took Bradley courses and delivered naturally and intervention free in Sioux Falls with a very respectful and hands-off (in a good way) doctor. It is still my dream to deliver one of our children at home someday.

I'm very proud of you, Cara!

(Genevieve)